Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scripture power

Wow. 2 days in a row. I think I must be sick...

Today's topic: Scripture power! I know we've been told how many countless times that it doesn't really matter how well the scripture reading goes, what counts is that you do it, but really?? My kids aren't old enough for me to know if that's really true or if that's just something we get told to make us parents feel better about the screaming fits during the attempted readings of said scriptures. I certainly hope it's true because all we seem to do is shout the verses so we can be heard over the crying. I was doing so well at the whole scripture-reading-everynight-thing, until Nikolas came along. Dang it. Between him and Anthony, I'm quite sure hearing loss is occuring universally. I don't even remember the last time we got through an entire chapter in one sitting. It seems like such a monumental effort to have everyone read just one verse apiece.

I realize this is comlpletely normal. I'm told this a lot. I'd really like to hear abput other screaming stories, though, particularly from our general authorities. I think I'd feel a lot better if I knew that Elder Bednar's kids screamed through the scriptures. Or President Eyring's. Or how about Elder Scott's?? Maybe that's what really seperates the general authorites from all the rest of us - their kids actually behaved for these important religious traditions.

This too shall pass...

No comments: